Organisation and opportunity forms
The Volunteer Centre advertises voluntary positions on behalf of organisations, through the Do-it website and our social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter). If you’d like us to advertise your opportunity, please complete the following forms and email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure the forms are completed accurately before sending. If you have previously sent an organisation form, you do not need to send another when offering new opportunities.
Valuing Volunteer Management 6 Point Promise
The Valuing Volunteer Management 6 Point Promise is an initiative which aims to raise awareness of the need for good practice in volunteer management. It is a Hertfordshire wide scheme.
Volunteer involving organisations will be encouraged to self assess their current policies, practices and procedures with an easy to use online checklist. (The checklist will be available in hard copy).
The checklist will consist of a series of simple statements about basic volunteer management. Organisations can decide whether they fully meet the criteria, meet them partly, or not meet them at all. Where gaps are identified, the Volunteer Centres will be able to help with 1:1 guidance, template documents and training sessions.
Once all the criteria of the 6 Point Promise have been met, the organisation will be issued with a certificate and listed on this website.
The benefits of signing up to the the 6 Point Promise will be:
- to be recognised by potential funders as taking volunteer management seriously.
- to be eligible for nomination for the countywide Valuing Volunteer Management Award.
- to be recognised by volunteers as a good organisation with which to work.
- to be more likely to recruit and retain volunteers.
- to have a higher profile – named on Volunteer Centres Herts website.
- to have access to further support from your local Volunteer Centre.
Valuing Volunteer Management – 6 Point Promise. These are the 6 areas of volunteer management that will be covered in the checklist:
- Planning for Volunteer involvement – a Volunteer Policy covers all aspects of the relationship with volunteers. Role descriptions are produced and volunteering is open to everyone
- Recruitment process – potential volunteers are contacted quickly and recruitment processes are fair, efficient and consistent.
- Induction – new volunteers receive thorough preparation for their tasks and have a named person for ongoing support.
- Support and safety – volunteers are covered by insurance and are included in health and safety policies. Out of pocket expenses are met wherever possible.
- Training and personal development – volunteers motivations are met with appropriate tasks and those with extra support needs are enabled to volunteer wherever possible.
- Involving, rewarding and recognising volunteers – volunteers contribute to decision making and are fully involved in the organisations activities. Volunteers receive appropriate recognition for their efforts and we say…..THANK YOU!
We can help provide support for volunteer involving organisations based in Broxbourne and East Hertfordshire to recruit, manage and retain volunteers.
We help organisations develop volunteering opportunities and offer practical advice on all aspects of working with volunteers.
We provide support & advice for:
- Volunteer involving organisations
- Small voluntary groups
- Not-for Profit and Statutory Agencies
If you want to know more about the Volunteer Centres Broxbourne & East Herts service then you can contact us.